Case Study to Advertise Online Education

Planning to promote online education business website with an online advertising, best option is Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign in Google AdWords advertising.
Before  planning to consult the search engine marketing company, to advertise an online education business website, it is better to know the following things to begin with PPC campaign search engine marketing:
  •  Need to know the goal of an AdWords campaign.
  • Need to know who are the target customers to sell your products are?
  • And which language they speak?.
  • Need to decide how much amount you want to spend to reach targeted customers i.e. AdWords campaign budget.
Case Study:

Here is how i moved into the PPC advertising campaign with Google AdWords search engine marketing system.

I prepared a list of questions to ask myself before starting a Google Pay Per Click (PPC) AdWords Campaign setup and i categorized all questions into 3 categories. Namely 1) Campaign Creation 2) Campaign Setup 3) Campaign Management.

Questionnaire for Google Adwords campaign

Campaign Creation:
  1. What are the goals of this PPC campaign?
  2. What is the budget of the campaign?
  3. What is the estimated daily budget?
  4. Where and how to do competing customer analysis?
  5. What is the expected ROI of the campaign?
  6. What is the time frame for this campaign?
Campaign Setup:
7. What kind of account details to start a campaign?
8.   Who is my Primary Target Audience?
9.    What is my Desired or Target Cost per Conversion (TCPC)?

Campaign Management:
10.  What type of bid management system need to enable for keyword buys?
11.  What is my current keyword ranking status in Google search engine?
12.  How many keyword groups need to manage the campaign?
13.  Which network is suitable option for my ppc campaign?
14.  Is there any Specific Offers i’d like to Promote?
15.  Is new landing page creation and keyword optimization needed?

Setting up AdWords Campaign:

In Pay Per Click (PPC) search engine advertising program, I want to create a campaign in AdWords and initially run my PPC ads in 30 days. My predefined business goals to start this Google Pay Per Click campaign for my online education website are:
  • My product/service that I can provide to my online training course and certification.
  • The main goal of my AdWords campaign creation is to receive a good number of online conversions by filling and submitting the lead form ending with a thank you page.
  • My targeted customers are from the UK country and they can speak English language.
  • The monthly budget that I can spend to reach UK customers is 100$.
Step by Step Google AdWords Account

I created a Google account in AdWords and set as US time zone and US currency ($). Before starting a PPC (Pay Per Click) campaign firstly, i researched about keywords which are relevant to my training course and finally selected 30 keywords.

I started a search network only campaign with one Ad group. In this ad group I added 30 keywords and placed 3 ad copies. Entered billing information and set the payment type as automatic. Finally, my ads are in live now. I started the AdWords campaign on 27th January 2015 and still running now. I am not yet consulted for any best PPC management agency or Search engine marketing company or any PPC consulting services for advertising or marketing my online education business website.

AdWords Campaign Management:

On my first day of PPC campaign creation i received only a single number of impressions so then i started doing PPC campaign optimization. The following are the changes i have done in AdWords PPC management:
  • Initially, all my keywords are in exact match and later i changed match types from exact to phrase and also changed the keywords bids to get high rankings.
  •  I included 3 ad copies out of 3 one ad is performing well and having more impressions. Other 2 ad copies are replaced with some new ad copies and also changed display URL’S of all 3 ad copies.
  • After these 2 optimizations I received enough impressions and 3 to 4 clicks but no conversions, then i did AdWords landing page optimization. In order to get leads i optimized my AdWords landing page by changing the image banner, header tag and lead form text. Then finally i got 2 conversions on that day.
  • At weekends all my AdWords performance is decreases and i received a very less number of impressions, no clicks and no conversions.
*Finally, in weekdays i received some good number of impressions, few clicks and 2 conversions, but at weekend days my results are gradually decreased.

The changes i have made in my Next weeks are:
  • I again researched about some new keywords which are relevant to my business course and added those keywords in the ad group and also paused some keywords which are not performing well. Then i received enough impressions and 3-4 clicks daily.
  • Did AdWords landing page optimization- i added some new content and made some changes to my AdWords landing page.
  • Wrote catchy new ad copy descriptions and modified the 2nd ad copy description which is not performing well. After these ad description optimization also i didn’t receive any clicks and conversions.
  • Optimized the whole campaign by changing bids of keywords and all. Finally, i changed my bid strategy to automatic and got maximum clicks within my daily budget limit. Even though i dint get any conversions and my budget was reached the maximum limit.
  • Again, i have been following manual bidding, then now i am getting some clicks and optimized my AdWords landing page with seo optimization techniques to get conversions.
*Now my Ads are running successfully with satisfied ROI

Lessons I learned in AdWords PPC (Pay Per Click) management services:
  • I learned a lot of things while running this Google PPC campaign till now those are:
  • I utilized all the best AdWords tools those helped me and AdWords advices then gave me good suggestions like how to improve my quality score and bid management of keyword.
  •   I learned how importance of my AdWords landing page to get more leads and online  conversions.
  • Learned how to target the UK customers and how to think in terms of user’s perspective and also how to manage AdWords management fees.
  • How important Ad rank is and how much impact this Ad rank to get clicks and improve PPC ROI. 
  • Learned How to take the Google AdWords Customer help center and recommendations from Ad Word PPC expert community.

Unknown Unknown Author

7 comments:

Labels